Friday, November 27, 2009

She Makes It Look Easy

So what is with November and secrets? This makes the third surprise party in as many years and they've all been in November - well okay, one was in June but close enough. This keeping things from people makes it very hard to blog in the first part of the November, having to watch what I type and everything...
This year Rocketgirl turned 30 and while I did a post for her, we - her family, friends and I, thought it wasn't enough.
30 is big y'all.
But, most people having jobs and/or kids and Rocketgirl just having moved to a place not near any of us the planets were just not aligning for a get together, surprise or otherwise. So we did what all great party planners do and moved the party. That's right, Mohammad and the mountain babies, Mohammad and the mountain. Tarzan and all of his siblings were going to be in The Rockies for Thanksgiving this year, not even on purpose but just because the planets WERE aligning, so we thought, she'd never suspect a party in November - which is true, she sure did not. In fact, it took a moment for her to realize the party was FOR her.
But she recovered beautifully and the party raged until the wee small hours - or until 10pm because we all work or have kids, as mentioned previously.
But I think fun was had, and no one puked, lost a finger or even cried so I call that a good party. Thanks Rocketgirl for letting us celebrate how well you turned this:
Into this:
In only 30 short years.

This is me, and Happy Birthday again, with lots more fanfare!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How awesome!!! I just watched the video on her blog...priceless!

Rocketgirl said...

I LOVE the movie you made for me. I watch it so much Solei now requests to see it. THANK YOU!!!

From Whence You Cometh