Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

I think we've established I am not a crying type of girl. But apparently all bets are off when I visit a veteran cemetery. It being the 11th of November and all, and a holiday, we figured we should do something more patriotic than watching television. So Tarzan, ATL and I took a jaunt over to the local veteran's cemetery to look around and visit the memorials:
I'm okay with the flowers:
It's the plaques that started misting me up:
This one had me sniffing:
But it's the memorials like this that kill me:
"Dolores, I will love you always, Michael"
I suppose I don't remember that 'the soldiers' and 'servicemen' that are honored on days like this, are real individuals - people - and have lives that are left behind when they die. It's something I shouldn't take for granted. Like the liberty I enjoy that they ensured. Thank you.

This is me, and it hit me hard today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I didn't cry until I read your blog.

From Whence You Cometh