Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Ode To The Happy Couple

Do you know how old I was when my parents celebrated their ninth anniversary? 7 1/2. I remember that day. My father brought home flowers and they went to dinner. How can Tarzan and I be at that same point now?
Time. It doth fly.
Nine years ago, at this moment, Tarzan and I were on our way to our hotel near the airport before we flew to Hawaii for our honeymoon. It had been a very long day and we were exhausted. But we got to the room that Tarzan's parents had graciously reserved for us and there was a HOT TUB on the balcony. A hot tub. Just for us. Outside. We weren't even nervous skinny-dipping for the first time because the water was SO nice and we really needed the relaxation. We ate pizza and root beer from room service and then went to bed.
Probably the best wedding night ever.
And I got the best husband ever for me. No one else could love me and get me like Tarzan does. With no one else I've ever known have I been able to be myself 100%. That counts for a lot with society being what it is I think.
Celebration wise tonight, we're old fogeys. Cards, I made dinner and we stayed in. For the first time since we were married Tarzan asked that we pull out the wedding album. It has some interesting memories that day and the photos dredge up the weird ones as well as the great ones, so we don't look at the book very often. We did take some new photos from tonight though. So we're toasting us here:
And smooching here:
This was the weirdest effect ever in a photo and totally unplanned:
It's kind of cool - my being transparent - but I don't know how it happened so I don't know if I could duplicate it.

This is me and we've been married for nine years.

3 comments:

Phat Fiddle said...

You guys look so dreamy in the mood lighting. Can you make other things disappear? Unruly pets? Schwan salesmen?

Elizabeth said...

You're already being twinkled! :) Congratulations!!!

Rocketgirl said...

Okay, at first I just scrolled down to check out the pictures and thought "ooo, they went somewhere all froofroo for dinner!" and then I read it was your place! What an adorable spot your dining area is! And CONGRATULATIONS!! I don't think I was even alive when my parents had been married 9... but I'm not going to do the math, that would make my head hurt. And yes, you got one awesome husband, but you make it totally worth it for him. And... that picture is freaking me out!! How on earth did you guys do that?!?!

From Whence You Cometh