Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Countdown

As I was posting last night, all complacent about the BIG DWTS finals next week, I realized that I won't be watching the BIG show. I won't know who wins for hours, or even days after the final BIG show airs. And I won't get to see the whole two-hour episode until we get home because Tarzan and I will be on a plane heading to his parents' house for Thanksgiving when Tom Bergeron is announcing the winner of Season 9. Now, while I do enjoy my Dancing With The Stars, it is not that all-encompassing.
Really. It isn't.
My amazement when I realized I won't see the show next week was more along the lines of HOW IS THANKSGIVING NEXT WEEK ALREADY?!
I am not ready. There are presents I need to buy to take with us so we don't have to ship things in the Christmas rush. There are things I need to ship to The Other Side Of The World so they don't get caught in the Christmas rush. The week after we get back starts the Christmas parties and the tree decorating at church and with the cub scouts and there's cards and things and I have to pack and it all starts with Thanksgiving.
So rather than get a leg up on it all, what am I doing? Blogging for you Internet friends. My priorities are SO in the right order.

This is me, and I'm not ready.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Dang, presents already?? What do y'all want?? You're so good at the gift thing, dangit.

You should run away to WI to escape the Christmas rush. We're not doing anything!

Elizabeth said...

you poor thing! I can't believe that we both have tonsilitis...and I really don't know the medicinal properties of Sprite...but it's what my Mom always gave us when we were sick, so at the very least there's the psychological factor of it making me feel better...I think the carbonation does help break up the gunk and such...

From Whence You Cometh