Thursday, November 12, 2009

SPLAT!

That, my friends, is what it sounded like last night when I was casually searching through the Internet Movie Database - tell me you all do that too - and found this little gem on Kristin Chenoweth's page
and my head exploded. Exploded all over the computer screen. It took me all night to clean it off enough to write this. They are making Wicked as a movie. Wicked! As a movie! AS A MOVIE, PEOPLE, A MOVIE! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. So excited, I am scared that it won't actually happen and someone is just teasing me.
It's been done before - the whole Gilmore Girls mini-series plot comes to mind.
But can you imagine how awesome a MOVIE of WICKED would be?
And with the original Broadway cast! I'm a tiny bit concerned because it lists a teen Galina - and a separate actress - on the movie page and that does not jive with the stage show I know and I would not be happy with a movie adaptation of the book, but still.
The possibility for my dream come true is there.

This is me and for once I would wish the next year upon us.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Um...for REAL?????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocketgirl said...

HOLY CRAP!!! A movie would be amazing, but with the original cast????? SPLAT!!!!!!!!

From Whence You Cometh