Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Not All Bad

Random page from a random book in Tarzan's grandparent's bedroom. (Which, by the way, is AWESOME. Excellent air circulation, with a porch. I am so jealous.) This book, Safeguarding Motherhood was written first in 1949 and then republished in 1950, 1953, 1958 and 1962. I didn't know that when I opened it though. It just looked like an old book and it was blue. This was on the first page I opened to:
They say that man is mighty,
He governs land and sea,
He wields a mighty scepter
O'er lesser powers that be.
But a mightier power and stronger
Man from his throne has hurled,
For the hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world.

This is me, thank you William Ross Wallace, for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally solved the mystery of your identity! I am flattered that you read my blog religiously, but couldn't figure out how I knew a Jane in LA. I suppose this is my official/unofficial hello to you--Dallin's sister-in-law.

From Whence You Cometh