Monday, July 16, 2007

Willpower and much linkage

OMG - I changed my mind. In my next life I want to be Hadley Fraser.
So I waited (be proud of me - it was hard) until we picked A up from The Desert last night to listen to The Pirate Queen soundtrack. It was thrilling, simply thrilling. I really, really, REALLY hope that the producers can get enough support and backers to do a national tour because I NEED to see this show. I know, I know; it won't be Stephanie or Hadley, but it would be good even if *I* sang it. (Well, probably not, but you know what I mean.) The music is lovely - Irish in lilt and I like that. Perhaps because my background is Irish, I don't know. The characters are strong and the voices...don't even pretend like you don't know how good they are by now.
Stephanie J. Block rocks. I'm not sure why there's a rumor that she sounds/looks like Celine Dion. (I think she looks more like Barbara Streisand but that's something else.) Celine kinda screeches - I think her voice sounds thin sometimes. Stephanie has power, she can hit the notes and mean it. She's also a really nice person and she's involved in her characters. She really becomes the person she's portraying and I love her for that. I am seriously thinking of becoming a Blockhead (check out the first definition), that's how much I like her. Plus her favorite charity is the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Always a place in my heart for those people.
Interestingly enough, perhaps because I wasn't a Broadway LOVER (liker, for sure but not a Tony-watching, interview-following lover) until Wicked (which is an "estrogen-fest" according to Tarzan) , there wasn't a male performer I liked enough to get behind (i.e. obsess about). And then I found [heard, drooled over, watched ALL the comcast episodes, preview videos, special appearances, lurked his website and determined the need to worship for all time] Hadley Fraser. Wow. He can sing, amazingly well. He has a Brtish accent. Wow. So cute, really funny, humble, so cute and yet self depreciating and did I mention he's SO CUTE? His voice is strong enough to hold against Stephanie (I just can't quite call her Steph yet.) and hers is strong enough to go up against his. Makes for some great duets. (He's perfect, she's perfect and they're perfect together!) Plus, the character he plays is a totally sweet, gorgeous, noble guy. How could every girl in every audience NOT fall in love with him? Awesome. (On second thought, maybe I just WANT Hadley Fraser...!)
Then. Today. I discovered there is a Bonus Track CD, which has three (3!) songs not included on the CD that I have. So, do I buy a whole new CD? Do I pay for the downloads of the individual songs? If I do the download then I can burn an entirely new copy of the CD, figure out where the additional songs go chronologically and have even that much more of the show to pretend I am seeing. The benefit of the new CD is that the lyrics come too. Ehn. What a choice.

So yeah...say it with me now, national tour, baby, national tour.

This is me wishing.

Update: What she said.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh