Thursday, July 26, 2007

Three Thursdays For You

Just found out that these things are memes (rhymes with 'themes', or 'dreams') Now that I know I am compelled to look for many on the web and post them here. Apologies to all of you out there who don't care. This site posts every Thursday and since few peeps comment (thank you Rocketgirl and M!!! Love you!) maybe I can drum up some numbers this way! :-) To get caught up I present three Thursdays worth of answers.
07/26/07:
Onesome: 'Lettuce'-- talk of salads and dressings: Is plain green your thing? ...or do you like 'stuff' mixed in or scattered over the top? ...and how about the dressing: what's leading your list this year?
  • All about it being mixed in. Like the greens, but not as a solitary. And I love most veggies - carrots must be shopped small or they bug me - so yeah, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, peppers, carrots, onions, cheese, croutons, bring it on! Dressings: Caesar w/Parmesan is good; can't beat an oil and vinegar mix. It's all good.
Twosome: and-- how about those Mets, -eh? Actually, baseball's doing okay this week, with basketball, football and cycling having the problems. Is there any sports news you'd care to comment on?
  • Sure, the Met's beat the Dodgers last Thursday but they also made three costly errors. (That's all I know because I was at the game.) Love the college football - Fight On USC Trojans! Season starts in 37 days. Pete Carrol says we have the best team yet and we have more depth than ever before. Woot!

Threesome: tomato-- and lettuce: the perfect toppings for that hamburger someone will cook up for you at a Labor Day picnic in another month or so? ...or perhaps you have another set of condiments you like on your meat or tofu?

  • Mustard is a must. Ketchup, relish/pickles, cheese are very good. Tomato only if sliced thin and shredded lettuce is best. Onion if chopped and only a little. NO mayonnaise! EVER.

07/19/07:

Onesome: I love-- to hear about new music; do you have any new favorites for us this week?

  • Only the most fabulous soundtrack EVER! The Pirate Queen soundtrack is what is playing in my car (and my head) for the last two weeks. Love it! Love the Block and the Hadley Fraser is spendiferous.

Twosome: this-- is way past the half way point of Summer; how are vacation and other plans working out for you? Here's hoping you're doing well!

  • Uh-huh. There's no vacation in the world of architecture. We get July 4th and Labor Day. That's all. So thank goodness for air conditioning in the office.

Threesome: Book-- query: Whatcha' readin' this week? No, not "The Harry"! Arrgh! ...okay, if that's a big thing, sure.

  • I'm re-reading one of my favorites: Kushiel's Dart by Jaqueline Carey. I like some spice in my novels but only if it fits the storyline. The plot must be feasible. It helps if the characters are realistic too.

07/12/07

Onesome: The-- Food Channel: Yummy Goodness or Food Pr0N? Who do you like to watch (or love to hate)?

  • I like the Food Network. Iron Chef is funny and informative. Wish I had time to watch some other stuff.

Twosome: Food-- in the Summer? Cooking in the kitchen? Any tips to beat the heat for those in the gang literally baking in the heat?

  • Salads are great and there are tons of good ones with fruit and interesting combinations. My favorite place to check out is here. With some crusty bread and cheese it's a great meal.

Threesome: Channel-- some coolness our way: what is your favorite Summertime beverage (yes, mixed drinks work too...).

  • Crystal Light - Raspberry Ice with 7-up over lots of ice. I now understand when a wine aficionado says something has "depth". This drink has depth. And it's niiiiiiice.

This is me, meme-ing. I hope I don't have to wait for someone to Meme me first. That would be embarrassing.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Memes is pronounced Meeems?? I would nevera guessed!

Jane said...

I know! Me neither.

From Whence You Cometh