Friday, July 20, 2007

Thinking

I am so ready for the weekend. I know, I know; when am I NOT ready for the weekend?
But what if I tell you that my in-laws are coming.
To stay at our house.
Our 786 square foot house.
For three days.
With Tarzan, my sister and me.
Would you appreciate what kind of a week it was that I am still so ready for the weekend? :-) Actually, though the week was kind of grueling, my in-laws are not bad. (I've certainly met some that I would NOT like being even remotely related to.) No, Tarzan's Mama and Papa are good peeps. They're a little more random than me. A little louder and little less...restrained than I. Not that I am a great paragon of discretion you understand, just relatively speaking. But it's okay.
(And I don't say that because my MIL sometimes reads this blog - *ahem* like many people, she does not comment *ahem ahem*!!C'mon, validate me.)
No, it's okay because every time we get together another thread of Tarzan is revealed and I understand him a little bit more. What makes him tick, and tock, why certain things cause him to blow - on the few occasions he does. (It's almost - I said ALMOST honey - irritating how unflappable Tarzan is. What's a girl got to do to get a reaction out of a man?...Um, get your mind out of the gutter people, please. THAT I can do. Sheesh.) Where his quirks and mannerisms come from. (What is with the seizures when you eat something that tastes good?) And of course the stories from his childhood are fun to hear - really Tarzan, EVERY key on the piano?
That's one of the things I have found most intriguing in my life - learning why other people do things, say things, think things. Understanding the human psyche. I'm pretty sure I should have been a psychologist. Too bad it took me until I was 30 to figure it out. Ehn. In my next life - when I'm Hadley Fraser. :-D I'll be the fantastically cute, amazingly talented, British-accented psychologist.

This is me out for the weekend.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

So it weirds you out that Tarzan is EXACTLY like mom?? I have no idea how that happened. And the laughing so hard that they have to clap their hands and hit other people??? It is so strange to see those two together, lemme tell ya. Hope it wasn't too overwhelming;)

From Whence You Cometh