Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

As mentioned last year; it's a whole new ball game.
I know it's cheesy but it's true, being a parent changes you and makes you look at things differently. (At least it has me.)
It's been a good year, crazy in some parts of the world - crazier in others - and this country sure ain't perfect, but our little lives are good. We are blessed and we try to bless others. It's all anyone can ask really.
These might be a bit of a cheat but it's my blog, so there.
I give you my three kernels of thanks:

  1. I am thankful for Tarzan and Cheetah. Yes, they're in one entry. They are my family. The one I helped create and am charged with nurturing. I am thankful they are mine and are, respectively, so supportive and accommodating.
  2. I am thankful for health. Mine, Tarzan's and Cheetah's. It's one of those things we can easily take for granted but I hear a lot of horrible stories about and from mothers with sick babies and hospital visits, teething nightmares and complicated births. I am thankful we are all healthy and able to work as needed.
  3. I am thankful for the Gospel. The world is insane and people make poor choices because they don't know, or don't believe, in a different way. I am thankful I have been protected from many horrible actions and subsequent consequences because of what I have been taught and know to be true.
I whine a lot on this blog so I am also thankful for this opportunity every year to publicly write down and publish some of my many blessings.

This is me wishing you and yours a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh