Eight days late for my birthday post...This has never happened.
(And what's worse, I am an entire week late with Rocketgirl's ode. I am ashamed.)
To begin, I laugh in the face of my last year self, promising to keep this blog current and all that. Some days I can't keep current with a shower, but really, it's because I'm lazy and it's much easier to watch this all day:
Than think of witty things to say on a blog. But I will try.
To sum up the last year, I turn to a quote from Rocketgirl, "yeah, it was a good year. No biggie, we just brought a human into this world and he's doing awesome stuff. Also, I made pesto."
And there you have it.
But of course, that's not entirely true.
In addition to bringing this human into the world my last year was spent thusly:
- Feeding said human.
- Changing the diaper of said human
- And getting said human to sleep.
- Tarzan and I took Cheetah on a plane for the first time for the wedding of a family friend.
- ATL got married!!!! (There's a post I need to get written)
- Tarzan and I celebrated 14 years of marriage. Which sounds like a lot but hasn't felt long at all.
- I celebrated eight years writing this blog - celebrated it with a massive headache and little else apparently.
- Helped PIT and MOY move into their apartment in Provo. (Another post I need to get on, hopefully before he graduates...)
It's good to have goals.
But I did make this:
So I consider it a year well spent.
This is me with my own belated birthday.