Saturday, May 26, 2012

Almost Time

I have to wonder how farmers do it; the waiting until the fruit is really ripe and not picking it too soon.
But also not wating too long and having it rot on the vine/tree.
I am one of the former I think, rather than the latter. I've been hovering over the blackberry vines in the back yard and have already eaten three (okay five) that are not quite ripe yet, because I'm too anxious. They were darker than these:There are a lot (relatively speaking) this year:I'm so excited. And there's more to come. The bees are out and loving the blossoms:But I don't know if they will all be ripe at approximately the same time, so I might end up eating them by twos and threes, as they turn black.

This is me with no patience in the garden either.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you see in your second picture there was a blackberry that was ready to be picked?

Master P said...

Oh man, I ate so many nasty unripened raspberries when I was a kid. I just couldn't wait.

From Whence You Cometh