Friday, June 19, 2009

Tree Me People

Internet peoples, you're all so much smarter than me. I ask a question in the hopes you have the answer, for I do not.
Is my apricot tree normal?
It's really put on some growth this spring. This was last year:This is yesterday:
And I know it looks that way, but it's not leaning at all. The trunk is straight and then a funky branch comes out of almost the top, but not quite:
In fact a number of the branches join at what I would consider odd angles:
My real question though, is can you tell me why branches are growing on only one side of the trunk:
And then, why are leaves growing only at the end of some branches:

I'm not sure if I should let it continue to grow out or if I should prune something off, but what would I cut? There haven't been any blossoms this year or last - should there be?

This is me with a wild an crazy tree.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

well...which side of the tree gets more direct sunlight? That side is probably getting more growth...unless your weather is too hot, in which case it's getting too much sun and you might think of something to slightly shade it...:)

Rocketgirl said...

I know nothing of the plants. I do know you are a good person for growing them, though. The good people in the world plant stuff. The rest of us just sit on our cans and eat other people's stuff.

From Whence You Cometh