Saturday, June 06, 2009

Get There On Time

I'm totally days late with this, but apparently the President of the United States took the First Lady to New York for dinner and a show. They flew from Washington to New York on Air Force One, had the local police hold up traffic, the Secret Service bodyguards case all the joints for potential terrorists, the whole nine yards. And all over the country people are complaining about how much money it cost the taxpayers, how he's a hypocrite OR they're all dewy-eyed about how romantic it it after all these years they still have dates and spend time together, blah, blah, blah. My beef is this; with all the resources at his disposal, all the personnel who look after his life, all the many people who worked to make his date a success, why the heck couldn't they get to the theater on time?! The First Couple held up the show for FORTY-FIVE minutes. That is completely rude and totally unacceptable in my opinion. Nothing bugs me more at a show than to see people trickling in late. Traffic schmaffic. Eat faster and get there on time, dude.

This is me, a little disgusted.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

I'll concur on that one. I say go out and date - and if you have the means to go THAT fancy, by all means do it - but for heavens sake, you keep to a blasted schedule so you don't mess with anyone else. Well put Jane.

From Whence You Cometh