Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Fantastic News

QC is getting married! And she's marvelous. Tiny - seriously, shorter than me, and about a quarter of the thickness - but marvelous. She's from South Of The Border, WAY south, but she also has family here and we met some of them at dinner on Sunday night. Really cool folks. Friday night we're invited to a dinner with different family members to get to know her some more. Poor Music Man, he'll be the last one - he's at home in The Rockies and only finds stuff out if someone calls him. Gamma is out here to see her father who's in the hospital so even she got to meet MLL - the finacee.
We're all incredibly happy for QC - this is really good for him it's already apparent and SBB is very cool - but we were a little skeptical when he said he was coming to The Jungle to meet his future wife. (They've been talking via video conferencing for a while and chatting all the time, but they were meeting for the first time this week and it seemed quick.) QC is like that - he throws random topics out there with no intro just to see what will ignite. It's a family characteristic I suppose, Tarzan has non-sequiter-itis in spades.
But.
The wedding is likely to be soon, and so Rocketgirl and I are kind of the go to girls for the party. Rocketgirl because she's awesome, has great taste in everything, and me because I'm a girl and I live here. I say that with no bitterness. I am not one with a lot of...current trendiness let's say. But the wedding sounds very classy from our brief discussions so far and I'm totally excited. Small, mostly family but really elegant I think.


This is me, helping to plan a wedding.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh