Sunday, March 29, 2009

Almost Forgot

I realize I will be posting another one of these tomorrow, but I didn't want to be behind a whole week on the postings. You know how it is. Your week would not be complete without my snide remarks about people who make WAY more money than both of us combined in heels and fringe. It's like pizza and root beer.

  • While it was awesome to see Maks in the samba skirt and hat, Denise’s samba was the slowest I have ever seen…but I don’t think it was totally her fault – I have said this before and I likely will say it again, whoever picks the music on this show ought to be shot.
  • Okay look, Julianne and Chuck, NO ONE IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW TO DANCE, that’s the point of the show idiots, so stop whining about him not knowing how. And what was that supposed to be? I did not find a lot of foxtrot in their routine and there was a total lift at the end. TOTAL LIFT.
  • Holly’s samba had the right music at least…but her shimmys were scary, and I have seen some shaking in my day.
  • Steve-O and Lacey had the right music as well, but I think he’s playing too much on the sympathy vote. This is too much of the “reality” crap I don’t need. Just do some dancing for once.
  • I love that Lawrence gave up golf for his dancing. And it was not a bad samba, needs a little more enthusiasm perhaps, but correct and his music was good too.
  • Shawn and Mark’s foxtrot got a lot of effervescent comments from the judges, but they were right about it being fluid and graceful. She was almost too quick to return to the hold but otherwise, lovely.
  • And that, boys and girls, is how the samba is done. Gilles and Cheryl were awesome. I really hope it becomes a show down between him and Shawn.
  • David and Kym’s foxtrot was cute, and pink. (Carrie Ann needs to stop with the hand gestures. She really does.)
  • Do we really need an ambulance EVERY TIME someone tweaks a muscle? Seems a tad much. We are discussing Steve and Karina – and their samba was not bad…exactly. But not complete. It was a little tight, I guess. And Karina’s dress was awful.
  • I love Tony’s analogy of the foxtrot frame being like a martini glass and the head being like the olive on the edge. I am totally surprised by Melissa’s style. She’s really good and makes it look easy. If there is any justice in the world they will be in the final three.
  • I really need to not hear Li’l Kim talk. Ever. Their samba was action packed for sure. And it was fast and sunny. But as I’ve said and will say again, I can’t like her. She’s crude, she’s brash, she does not sound educated and there is no way I am voting for her.
  • I like Ty. He is so smooth and classy and so dang cute! I liked me the cowboy’s foxtrot. Chelsie needs to speak to wardrobe about her dress and the hemline however. Twice she fell, TWICE, because her heel got caught in her outfit.

AND THE RESULTS:
Does anyone else hate the dance off idea as much as I do? I much prefer seeing the best dance repeated than the worst dances done again, with nerves added in and the pending doom of elimination. I have to say though, Denise’s samba looked better. It had much better timing, though it was still a crappy song, and looked like a dance at least and less like flailing. I’m unsure how Steve and Steve-O were both not in the bottom two? I lose the Internet for one week and look at what happens. Who is voting for these guys? And they saved the bunny?! It’s all chaos in here people. Chaos.
I really liked Hall and Oates though those boys are showing their age just a tad – their sunglasses are BACK in fashion again, that’s how old they are. But great guest singers thus far this season. I know, week three, whatever.

This is me, keeping you current on the snide.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh