Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Winding Down

We are nearing the end of a weird, wild and wonderful year. Weird what with not being at work and the alternatives that I have found to entertain myself, wild with the travelling and planning. And wonderful because it's always a good year when Tarzan and I are together.
There are a lot of good memories in 2008.
Breaking with tradition, we aren't having a party at the house this year, or even having a few select friends over. Tarzan and I decided to take it easy this New Year's Eve. Just us and a few hundred teenagers jacked up on soda, pizza and candy. Awesome!
We're chaperoning a dance for the church youth down south of here and it should be interesting. I wonder if my generation seemed as oblivious and irritating to our parents as these kids do to me? If we were then it's no wonder the generation gap exists and thrives. If we weren't then what's wrong with kids these days? So entitled and so lacking in discipline. I really don't remember being that rude to my elders. (Oh great, I'm an "elder" now.)

This is me a crotchety old fogey already. Ahead of the curve!
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

How did the chaperoning?! Did you kick booty and show off your sweet moves??

From Whence You Cometh