Friday, December 05, 2008

Pick A New Song

I am not going to harp on the radio stations in The Jungle all month, I promise, and I love Trans-Siberian Orchestra, I do. (I really do.) But seriously? Can the all-month-long-of-Christmas-songs radio station please pick another song to play over and over and over and over? Three times - so far - in one day I have heard Christmas Canon Rock, the same Vanessa Williams carol twice and three versions of O Holy Night in a row! But not a single piece by Mannheim Steamroller. That seems just a little unbalanced. Am I right?

This is me, indignant about the quality of public radio Christmas carols.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're going to either A) start carrying your own stuff in the car (and I know you do) or B) get XFM. But XFM at times is much worse.

I would rather see you open your own radio station. heh.

Jane said...

Oooh, good idea, how do I do that?

Elizabeth said...

Get lots of money, hire Rocketgirl, get yourself a frequency and a name and all kinds of stupid paperwork and credentialing and "I promise to never use this word or that word and to beep out music that includes those words" sign-offs, and ta-dah! :)

Anonymous said...

Actually low band FM is fairly cheap. SMurphy knows about this. Plus there's all sorts of ways that you can broadcase FM online.

From Whence You Cometh