Monday, March 17, 2008

Green Is My Color

Happy St.Patrick's Day everybody! I don't know why I have such an affinity for Ireland and it's traditions - it's not like I've ever been there - and my father's ancestors immigrated so many moons ago it's ridiculous. But, somewhere in my youth, or childhood, I was disproportionally pleased to discover that my family was of Irish descent. And it continues even today. Any mention of Ireland perks my ears up, LOVE the lilt of Gaelic though I can't understand a word and can barely pronounce some of the syllables. Celtic Woman, The Pirate Queen, Riverdance; love them all. My favorite storyline on Heroes is Peter's because he finds his girl in a bar in Ireland. I still believe somewhere in Ireland is a castle waiting for me. (Some girls dream of a prince but I want the castle.) I guess it shows, Tarzan wrote me poetry when we were dating and called me his "Irish dream..." what can I say, we were young and silly. Maybe it's also that the festivities fall near the first of spring but I love St. Patrick's Day. If I were a drinker I would totally go out to the bars and have green beer. I bought a new shirt last weekend in honor of the day - one of the $5 Target ones - with "Everyone Loves An Irish Girl" across the chest. It's awesome. So eat some soda bread or some corned beef and cabbage, go green and let out your inner leprechaun!!
**************************************************************************************************
On a totally separare topic; as mentioned previously The Odyssey: A Musical was very well received at the conference for the youth and we have received a number of accolades for it. The down side to all of this is that I can't in good conscious post it here for you to see because it is an exercise in plagiarism. I ripped images from a lot of sites, including famous artwork and photos and just Photoshopped the copyright symbol out...While we did not make any money from the show I feel a little apprehensive about throwing it out there for all to see. Should anyone want a copy THAT badly, email me and I will send it.


This is me, getting ready - DWTS begins tonight, and on that note: this is pretty funny.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

You lucky dog. The closest I come is Jared's English heritage. I try to celebrate my Eastern Bloc background... but I dunno, you hear the polka and you hear a jig and there's no comparison. Them dang Irish folks got it right!

From Whence You Cometh