Tuesday, April 17, 2007

On This Day...in 1975

Firstly -
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARZAN!!!!!!
The dear boy is 32 today and he claims to not want a big deal made of his birthday but I know better. It's an inferiority complex he has - if he wants it then he doesn't deserve it, blah, blah, blah. (Thanks very much to the side of the family that gave him that.) One of the missions of my life is to help him realize the great guy that he is but doesn't believe he is. I get some of his angst - there's always more that we can/could/should be doing but that doesn't mean that what has already been done is crap or unworthy of notice and praise. (Do I sound like a motivational speaker?) Enough soapboxing - it's his birthday and I will do my utmost to make it a happy one.
****************************************************************************************************
Dancing With The Stars was good last night. Len was right, they do need to practice more. As has been mentioned to death there hasn't been a real leader or even pair of leaders this season. Does that mean only mediocre celebrities agreed to participate? Is the viewing public done with the show? Are we so sick of Bruno and his freaky little metaphors EVERY SINGLE WEEK that we run screaming from the room? I'm pretty sure that's the reason. Anyway...don't know if Apolo deserved a perfect score - but Julianne gets some serious credit for making him look better than he is. (Did anyone else notice his hips didn't move much?) I also think that while Cheryl is WAY lucky in her partner assignments, they shouldn't be voted lower to keep her from winning a third time. Ian is better than the marks they were giving him. HE was moving his hips, and the shimmy was awesome!! As for Heather's perforamnce, all I can say is EW! I don't watch when I'm getting waxed, I don't need to see Jonathan, who I like, get his chest waxed - EW, boy was that guy hairy! Laila needs to put in some hours. She's awesome and she's got the talent. She could win if she wanted to.
->Best quote of the night: "I made Laila sign a waiver, no Maks was hurt in the making of this dance..."

This is me making a party.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh