Friday, December 17, 2010

Local Timing

The stop light at the freeway entrance just next to our house has either been hit by a vehicle recently or the sensor under the asphalt at the stop has a short circuit because when a car stops the light can either turn green right away or stay red for up to three minutes.
I've timed it.
That's a long red light at a freeway entrance. A lot of people waiting at the light just give up and go despite the light's color. But I have mastered the trick of getting it to change for me quickly every time.
I noticed that if there was more than one vehicle waiting the light seemed to not get stuck, so I experimented and discovered that if I wait where a second car would wait, the light changes.
I've gotten a few honks but every time it's a short wait and I get to move on.

This is me, and we use this entrance a lot. Lest you think I stalk traffic signals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clever lady.
Where there's a will,
there's a way.

From Whence You Cometh