Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hardest Part Of The Year

What does one get for a gift to give to a man who truly does not want anything?
I pride myself on being a good gift giver and I enjoy the holiday season in part because I get to shop and find presents for family and friends.
But Tarzan is so amazingly hard to shop for. He wants nothing. There's no idle "I wish I had..." throughout the year I can tack onto, quirks I can exploit into a present. He has a house, a job, food, clothes - and can only receive so many ties before it's ridiculous - his computer, buys his own games, says he hates to own books because once he's read them he's done, also says he hates the piano so there's no getting fun music for him to mess around with, no hobbies per se because he works like a dog, plays the aforementioned computer and that's it for spare time and I am out.
Out of ideas, out of surprises - because his reaction to a surprise is "what am I supposed to do with this?" - and swiftly becoming out of my mind.

This is me and I am so stumped. What do you get your husbands for Christmas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time
Food
Exotic Vacation

RHM said...

I'm going out on this limb and say, find something that you'll like that he can enjoy too :D (I'm thinking clothes...or lack of it). Shoot me the next time you see me eh?

From Whence You Cometh