Sunday, May 24, 2009

While I Was Out

In order to fulfill the compunction to document every moment in my highly entertaining life I give you the events of the - latest - five days I was without the Internet.
Firstly, Dancing With the Stars had it's finale for this season and it was not a great surprise when Shawn Johnson won. Mark's reaction was rather melodramatic, I thought, for a shiny mirror ball trophy that doesn't mean anything. I was disappointed for Gilles since that would have given Cheryl three wins and he was good, but their freestyle routine was not enough about him. Shawn's was weird, but it definitely included actual dance steps which is one of my pet peeves about the show. All clear until the fall.
I went to the dentist - again - and FINALLY got my permanent crown in. It was the same mightily irritating situation with two hygienists holding my lips back and my tongue down while the dentist ground the crown down far enough for my mouth to close but it's in and I am thankful. They did make me sign a paper saying it was lovely and fit and all that. Is that normal? Will they be all legal and stuff if I go back and ask to get it adjusted? It's not bad, it doesn't hurt and I can chew but I keep biting my cheek because of one little blip I can feel on the outside
I have been sitting with Tarzan's grandfather in the afternoons four days a week and I am certainly getting an education. I am sure some of his attitudes can be chocked up to old age, but surely not ALL of them. He's debunking some of the myths that have circulated amongst the family for longer than I have been coming to the parties and it's very eye-opening to see his side of a story that's been told about him by dozens of people.

All in all, it's not a wild life I lead, I know. But tomorrow is a holiday - the weather has been just PERFECT lately - and Tarzan and I have an ENTIRE day together with no obligations and we may just spend the whole day in bed.
Because we can.

This is me, caught up and looking down the barrel of a holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Holy snap, I need to call you and get the lowdown on grandpa's dirt. Sounds DELICIOUS :) And thanks for the not too much info on the crown story - SO sorry you have to deal with it :(

From Whence You Cometh