Friday, May 15, 2009

Once More Into The Breach

SOMEbody didn't pray hard enough...I'm looking at you Minnesota. Isn't it funny at the types of comments one gets from posts like my last one? There are the "Good Luck!" no questions asked people. Then the "Good Luck" is there something I can do people. Also the "Good Luck?" can I inquire what for people. And, my personal favorite, the "Good Luck" but only if you tell me what it's all about what's going on did something bad happen are you moving pregnant leaving got a new job sick dying you're gonna kill me if you tell me!!! people. Highly amused. These must be the people who buy The National Enquirer and other tabloids.
But on to my point. It seems my dentist woes are not yet complete. I went to the dentist yesterday to have the temporary crown replaced with the pretty new one and hopefully never have to view a person from upside down again. I went early to the office in the hopes of getting in early. Ha ha ha. Joke's on you Jane.
I waited an hour. An hour before they called me to go sit in the chair and wait. THEN the hygienist, technician looking guy comes to me and asks would I like to make an appointment for next week since MY DENTIST ISN'T IN and she really needs to be present for the crown. My dentist isn't in. She's NOT THERE. I do my utmost to be polite and calm in situations. I try not to fly off the handle when things do not go my way. But I did jump up and down on the handle a little bit yesterday because are they kidding me? At some point could they not have let me know my dentist wasn't in. And of course they were falling all over themselves apologizing for my having to come back and the dentist gets upset if she doesn't get to follow through on a patient's procedure, blah blah blah. As if that was what was making me steam? I can come back sure, but wouldn't it have been better to let me know that an hour and a half ago instead of leading me on like that? Gah!
But wait, it gets better. When I got home there was a message on the voicemail FROM THE DENTIST informing my parents that I had missed my appointment. I almost cried.

This is me, going back next week.

2 comments:

RHM said...

Because your parents are responsible for getting you to your dentist?

My dentist had a run in with my father on Tuesday when we played phone tag. If my dentist was ever IN her office maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal.

ATL said...

Are they kidding? Who runs that nuthouse anyway? Like the dentist doesn't tell the staff when they are in. "I slipped in the back door so the desk wouldn't see me then left you a message because you were out in the waiting room then left...after making sure the staff gave you the runaround" Yeah...good plan! Well executed! What the heck is going on with them??!!?!

From Whence You Cometh