Wednesday, May 06, 2009

In Case You Missed It

See, it's been days and still I have to put this post in or I feel like I'm gypping future readers who might really want to know the gory details of each and every week on DWTS and have only my blog to use. (That's quite the opinion I have of myself no?) So here we are.
  • LOVED the opening number. I miss having Louis Van Amstel on the show. (I suspect it became harder to find short celebrities for him to dance with.) I should be a celebrity and then I could dance with the rubber man. He's soooo flexible, it's insane.
  • Shawn and Mark's quickstep was quick. Did it seem a little TOO silly and quirky for the ballroom round? Mark's accent still cracks me up during the rehearsals.
  • Ty and Chelsie's Argentine tango had really great music - I did not like her dress much - and he is just my favorite for looks this season. He's so cute and so sweet. He won't win but he's so yummy.
  • L'il Kim and Derek's waltz was nice and sweet but not her best I don't think. And again, if she wouldn't talk, I would be much more inclined to vote for her.
  • Gilles and Cheryl's foxtrot was too Latin for my taste. After all the talk about soft arms and floating, his arms were often sharp and quick. Of course, Fever, one of my favorite songs, is not quite the soft and floating song one might think.
  • Melissa and Tony's waltz (that was NOT a Viennese Waltz) was soft and lovely - I hated her dress - but if you watch her feet, as Len surely does, she has no rise and fall. Tony rise and falls as he is supposed to but her head was level the whole time.
  • I don't think Lacey and Louis were a good match - she messed up a few times in that professional number - but Anna and Jonathan are so perfect. You can tell they really speak to each other without words. (Len really needs to not use American slang.)
  • Shawn and Mark's paso doble had crappy music. Mark's face was definitely in character but I thought Shawn looked bored rather than determined. And she does the steps well, but she's not too aggressive and it's such an aggressive dance.
  • It's too bad the audience doesn't vote for the judges because they often talk like they are.
  • Ty and Chelsie's rumba was not good, even though he tries so hard. His arm extensions are good but he just doesn't have any hips. And the rumba makes it obvious when one does and doesn't.
  • I was scared to watch L'il Kim and Derek's salsa, just because of how much emphasis they put on her being a "nasty girl." But if anything she was stiff and they got out of sync there for a few steps. Maybe she was worried about her solo bit?
  • Gilles and Cheryl's rumba was everything you wanted it to be. He even remembered to move his hips when standing still. What was with the butterfly on Cheryl's 'dress?' It was steamy and the technique was mostly good. The beginning and end were unnecessary and it might have affected the continuity.
  • Did Samantha make a joke? A joke that was funny? It's a miracle people, a real miracle!
  • Melissa and Tony's samba was not as fast as I am used to the samba being. Maybe it's that she's so tall and lanky, but it seemed a light and airy samba and that's not really the character of the dance. She's good, no question, but the Latin needs some depth.

The results show was awesome. If only because of DanceCenter. Kenny Mayne has made more being a loser than anyone else has winning. It's kind of hilarious. (I did not need to see them all shirtless though. Scary.) I was not a fan of what Jamie Cullum did to Frank's song, but the professional dancers were good. That was one of the fastest quicksteps I have ever seen. It's like it was on fast-forward. And the star dancers were also interesting. The celebrity competition was interesting and was TOTALLY not expecting Alec Mazo's brother to get eliminated. That man is HOT! And how did they choose the celebrities to bring back for them to dance with? Cody? Maurice? Lisa? It's been a long time since they danced. And dang, I thought Cody was tall but compared to Mayo, he is a midget. Mayo is ta-a-a-a-all. Too bad we can't introduce him to my really cool blogging friend in Alabama.

  • I did not love Afton and Cody's samba. In fact, I thought he dragged her down. She did not look as good with him as she did with another professional.
  • I totally want Mayo to win. Even with Lisa and the dress ripping - which was weird - he looked good and she did well with the quickstep.
  • Anna and Maurice were the best dance overall - though you could hide a myriad of faults in that skirt - and I expect she will be the professional who gets chosen.

!! Are the voters insane? L'il Kim and Derek were eliminated?! That's the weirdest thing to have happened since that Disney kid got sent home so early in their competition. Ty was my pick for elimination and I almost had this entry finished and then they announced her instead and I had to rewrite it. I don't like her and I didn't vote for her - I didn't vote for him either - but L'il Kim was the better dancer. Wow. Fans are weird.

This is me, shocked.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh