Friday, May 22, 2009

Never Assume Anything

Soooo, apparently, when one tells the phone company that they want their original phone number back and the customer service guy assigns a temporary number while the one they want is found and returned from the cable company one should ALSO tell the phone company that they want the DSL connected to the temporary line to transfer with the phone number.
Yeah.
Because our phone company did not ask and I figured when I said I need my phone number back and ALL THE SERVICES I HAD PREVIOUSLY, I was not specific enough.
It's enough to make me want to take up cursing.

This is me, feeling sorry for the technical guy I had on the line for 90 minutes trying to fix a DSL line that was actually disconnected. Oops.

1 comment:

Phat Fiddle said...

That stinks you had to go through that telephony fiasco - and props for not cursing like a sailor. I find it useful to take up activities like shadow puppets when my patience wears thin.

From Whence You Cometh