Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Weird Dream #17

I was back at college - the architecture school, in the basement, but it looked like a warehouse with high ceilings and metal shelves that held the desks and the supplies. Not surprisingly we were making models and there was much debate about whether to make the site for the model out of foam core (a class-A model building material - remember the science class about how strong spider silk is for it's size? foam core is so much more than that! A person can build ANYthing out of foam core and hot glue - if not for the melting in the rain we would build bridges out of the stuff) or out of a clod of real dirt. This was not a frivolous discussion. Then the professor arrived and we had to finish but we weren't done yet so we were running...and as we were running we had to split up, me and the other humans to the elevator and the alien (like I know where THAT came from!) to his ship but he ran back to try out "the earth custom" and he put his arms around me and kissed me. He was so warm (and his head was abnormally large and bald) and then I woke up.

I know! My mind is fah-ree-kee!
***********************************************************************************
So I'm walking over to Albertson's a lunchtime - as an aside I HIGHLY recommend Albertson's as a grocery store. I have never been disappointed by their service, or their product selection AND they are the only store to ever order something that I asked for after saying that they could do so. Insert story here about the awesomeness of Albertson's - last weekend there was a youth activity that Tarzan was part of and he was in charge of a donut eating booth at the carnival. We went to Albertson's to see about buying 100+ donuts. Not only did they have enough, they made that many fresh for us AND gave us the sale price AND the bakery guys (who are awesome) made a variety of kinds, not just the sugar and glazed we asked for AND gave us gloves to handle them at the booth. Totally awesome dudes at a totally awesome store. So. I was walking over there (where? Albertson's people, keep up) at lunch and I passed an auto mechanic's shed. One of the guys was driving a Prius into the lot and I saw it had no rear passenger door (probably the reason it was in the shop) then I noticed that there was a BABY CAR SEAT in the back! Now this raised many questions:
  1. Who would drive a baby in a car that had no door?
  2. Why would you have the baby in the car when driving in such a manner that the door would end up being removed?
  3. What is the baby using as a seat right now?

These are the sorts of things that wander through my brain while I am at lunch. When I am at work my brain is OF COURSE intensely focused on how to screw your life up even more BIG BOSS MAN!! Gah. These last two weeks have been a never ending stream of curse words and "this has to go out right now [Jane]." Most of that is the client's fault but still. Don't take it out on me. I am thankful we are leaving for The Rockies tomorrow because I am so so so so SO SO tired of the office. Perhaps when I turn my phone off on the plane tomorrow I just might forget to turn it back on again...more from the lovely state of Tarzan's parents after sharing the joyous joy that comes from watching Wicked!

This is me heading out.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh