On the one hand it's been a heck of a year, with a lot of things coming and going. And on the other hand, it has passed so quick I can't believe it.
Some of the major events, in no particular order:
- Tarzan accepted the assignment to be bishop(!) of our ward (local congregation) and has been alternately flustered, frustrated, absent and elated at the events and responsibilities of the calling.
- Because of Tarzan's reassignment, I was released from being Relief Society President and was placed back in Primary - NOT the President - so I am happy.
- Another faction was added to the odd list of things I do in the day; in the form of drafting for an architect. Both better and worse than before.
- My hands are refusing to cooperate and I have perpetual trigger fingers it seems.
- Celebrated six years of this blog.
- Based on the title of a post, Tarzan bought me an iPad Mini for Christmas. I find it really fun - books and games and things - but I still wonder at the necessity of it. I feel spoiled.
- Celebrated 12 years married to Tarzan. TWELVE years. That's a long time people.
- Tarzan and I took a road trip in a really fancy RV with Stingy, her daughter and a hired guide through the southwestern states.
- Got to go to the theater to see Jekyll & Hyde.
- We pulled out the apricot tree in the front yard and the weird, termite infested tree in the back yard and replaced them with an avocado and lime tree respectively.
- Watched Les Miserables in the theater with mixed feelings. Our only trip to the movie theater this year.
- Caught some possums in the back yard.
- Welcomed a new nephew and two new nieces. (Not all from the same parents.)
- Visited Rocketgirl for 10 days! Met the Condor and partied hard even though it was freezing rain outside in APRIL!!
This is me and I hope I'm getting wiser.