Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oh To Be A Redhead

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everybody!
It's so cliche to say this kind of snuck up on me, but it did.
I have no defense except the same as everyone else - being busy - so I refer you to one of the greatest videos EVER, posted by none other than one of the greatest sister-in-laws EVER.
It made me laugh so hard I cried.
Beaker - there are no words.
Silly though it be, I am happy to dress up for the holiday - no green beer for me thank you - especially now that I have appropriate colors to wear. My wardrobe has come a long way from the first Saint Patrick's Day at my second job where I got pinched a few times by wise guys who weren't willing to accept (admittedly dark) olive as a shade of green. It was the only thing in my closet that even resembled green.
Weird, I know.
No stripes, no buttons, nothing was green. Happily I have remedied that fact in the years since.
In the end, today I will have worn three different green outfits - not because I couldn't decide but because I had a couple of places to be and the dress was different each time.
I wore jeans and a green striped T-shirt back from my parents' house.
A really green sweater with my black skirt to the appointment with the missionaries.
And Tarzan's favorite green striped nightgown will be what I wear to bed.
No one can say I don't make the effort.

This is me with no pictures, because I never think of it until it is too late. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

Master P said...

I have quite the green collection after the last dew years playing gigs on St Pattys. The kids appreciated it by using me as a human hanky. And my favorite part of that video? Oh Danny boy... Ug boy oh boy oh boy... hahaha!

From Whence You Cometh