Friday, February 25, 2011

Judging By The Water Falling From The Sky

It's raining again.
I know I should be thankful - the rest of the country is getting snow by the bucket load - and happy because we need the water for watering crops and drinking and bathing and all that, but I'm not. It's wet and cold and annoying and unpredictable and I would like to drive around my own town with the top down on my car.
There I said it.
Now you can judge me for being selfish.
Don't worry about it, I am judging me.
It's not like I haven't lived through precipitation before. My second year of college it rained so much the water was up to my knees when crossing the street. And I did live in The Frozen North for most of my life.
But in neither place did I own a convertible and I have found it is much more fun to drive with the top down.
On the way home from my parents' tonight I was increasingly anxious about the whistling noises coming from my car. It's true there can be quite a breeze out in The Desert - every car whistles an extraordinary amount - but earlier this week I had driven LBO home from school - with the top down natch - and apparently we did not put it up correctly because on the way to school in the morning one corner popped out and freaked me all kinds of out.
So it made me nervous to hear noises, loud noises, while driving home. There aren't any noises when the top is down.
Of course tonight, it also started raining on the way home.

This is me and look what nice things do to me.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh