Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In The Blink Of An Eye

Is it really the end of the summer already? I thought the marketing people were getting ahead of themselves with the back to school ads, but no. It really is that time again. The Halloween candy is out in stores, the summer deals to amusement parks are expiring. It seems really fast.
I suppose it's partly because the summer weather has been just gorgeous this year, with none of the usual heavy heat that comes in August. We've had the best summer of all my fifteen years in The Jungle. Breezy, warm but not hot, sunny but not blazing. I'm a little worried about what might be around the bend it's been so nice.
***Is it sad that I worry about things like that? Shouldn't I just be able to enjoy the moment and not freak out? I think I should but I don't know how to work it. (If you have any thoughts let me know.)***
Also there have been so many things to do - and I know we all have stuff to do - I just haven't had time to notice the summer go by. Last year Tarzan and I were sitting with his grandfather for during the summer and there was stuff to do but it was a slow, constant kind of work, rather than the hurried location shifting kind of summer this has been.
One of these days I really am going to get the back yard patio installed and then I will sit out there and contemplate the passing of time, I swear I am.


This is me and it's been a fast one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the journey...destinations come soon enough.

Rocketgirl said...

I'm in the same boat. I uaully love fall, but why is it here so soon?? I'm not okay with the timing.. one more month please. (Solei just saw the screen and screamed your name :)

From Whence You Cometh