Thursday, July 01, 2010

Weird Dream #33 and #34

It's been a while since I posted about my dreams, not because I haven't been having them, but they have been fading quickly upon awakening and haven't been too cohesive. When and what I can remember, I try to figure out what in my waking mind caused the wacky dream. Sometimes it's easy and other's not so much.
First, last week at Tarzan's parent's house for the wedding, I had a really vivid dream where I was back in design school - which came from talking to Liezel about her plans for school - and I was married to Tarzan but he never appeared and didn't live in my basement apartment - which came, I suspect, because we were sleeping in the basement of Tarzan's parent's house. When I was in the studio my professor - my much older with grey hair professor - would come by and berate me for not working hard enough and making enough progress. Then one day he walked in while I was working, told me I should work harder, started to leave and then said "Or you could marry me." I was startled, but not ridiculously so, and told him I was already married. He then said, it was okay we could just make out, and that's what we did. First in the studio - no one else was ever there - then in my apartment. During one of these sessions a girl from my class walked by outside and threw a baseball glove at my window - that came from us finding two gloves while we were cleaning out the living room for the wedding. I have NO IDEA where the rest of that came from. I have never had a crush on a teacher - ESPECIALLY one from design school - or an employer. But in my dream, my professor was a really good kisser.
Then, last night, I dreamed I was in a large, really extraneous house, with doors, stairways, courtyards and rooms everywhere. And children, there were kids everywhere, all ages. I was helping out with cleaning and errands and whatever the lady of the house needed. It was all very Cinderella-like. Amongst other people living in the house was Neil Patrick Harris - likely because we have been watching a lot of How I Met Your Mother recently - and he was pursuing me around the house. Again I was married though Tarzan never made an appearance and so I rebuffed him nicely since we had to work together. He was relentless, all over the house, no matter what I was working on, he was there and wanting to help, being chivalrous and sweet but obvious. I was weakening near the end, but then the 'family' came home and right before he left to look after the kids - that was his job - I threw my arms around his neck and said the kids were lucky to have him. We had to go back to work and then I woke up.

This is me and the insanity lives on in my brain.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Weird. Weird. You should apologize to Tarzan for being all loosey goosey in your dreams.

From Whence You Cometh