Thursday, February 18, 2010

Even I Could Play It

Curling is the greatest Olympic sport. I know, everyone loves the Alpine skiing, the ice skating, the fancy snowboard flips and what have you, but I like the curling. Do you want to know why? I am going to tell you and think about this carefully before you comment.
It's the only Olympic sport where one does not have to be in great physical shape to play.
Sure, training is involved but most of it involves standing around and looking serious. It's an Olympic sport but the only thing that needs to be super fit is the rock. That and the brooms. It's like a cross between bowling and shuffleboard - only slower than either one.
In a seemingly but not completely different vein, I have never had much to say about the clothing for any of the winter sports - can you say thermal spandex anyone? - but the Denmark girls curling team's outfits are totally awesome. I want one.
(This picture does not show the skirts, which is the coolest part and I am sure someone else could find a better one but I am what you get.)

This is me and my Olympic dream is still alive.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh