Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm Officially Nuts

Why do I do this to myself EVERY SINGLE YEAR? The weekend was been a whirlwind and it's going to keep on for the next two weeks - actually three. The Primary, (little squirts) which means the leaders too, decorated the Christmas tree for our building on Saturday at 10am. That meant I had to be there earlier to dig the tree and the decorations out of the closet, test all the lights, put the tree together and then string the lights. Not quite by 10 did it happen but close enough for governement work, as my mother says. I also had to pick up three kids in my neighborhood - if my neighborhood you mean within 100 square miles - so I tried to keep them entertained while doing all the digging and testing and stringing. They sort of helped, but not really. Then the kids all had to go home again. Then it was the usual shopping, cleaning, laundry I did not get to, and lesson prepping for Sunday. Have you ever had to be two places at once? Sunday is NOT a day of rest for either Tarzan or myself. I needed to be introducing "Adeste Fideles" to the grown men in one room, while AT THE SAME time teaching the middle aged squirts (4-10yrs) in another room AND helping the babies (18mos-3yrs) with an activity in a third room. After that was over - thank goodness for great counsellors and my sister - I had to teach a lesson to the kids almost ready to age out. After THAT I had to lead the music for the whole congregation. And after THAT I had to check with people I had already asked, round up more people to ask and then schedule rehearsal times for all the numbers in the Christmas program the Sunday before Christmas. Whew. Then! I got to go home to start making some presents for Christmas and start our list for Christmas cards. (Yes, I am really late with those this year.) Tonight, Wednesday and Friday I have rehearsals for musical numbers for the program. Saturday my sister from up north comes in and we have the church Christmas party. While I am not planning it this year we are still responsible for a number of pieces of it. Bringing food of course, some music, some decorations. The candy that Santa gives out to the children. Sunday will be more practicing and teaching and we're also doing a craft with the little ones. A frame with their picture in it. Aww, cute! This sounded like a better idea back in July...
The week after that will be when I get to family shopping. It had better be or all people are getting from me this year will be a smile. And at some point I have to mail the stuff to England for my sister, brother-in-law and nephew over there...Ohh! Secret Santa presents too. There will be rehearsals next week too and then it's the 23rd and the program and then it's Christmas. Too soon! Too soon!

This is me, busy, busy as a bee.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh