Friday, December 02, 2011

Where Does It Go?

Why do my best ideas for this blog come to me when I am laying in bed and have no access to a writing utensil or even my iPhone?
(I leave my iPhone in the bathroom, charging, so that when the alarm goes off in the morning I have to get up and go in another room to turn it off. I am much less likely to ignore it and go back to sleep that way.)
Last night, for example, I was all tucked in, the kittens were snuggling on one side and Tarzan was on the other and I thought of a brilliant topic for discussion. I considered getting up to write it down, but it was so warm and comfy and the kittens won't come back if I disturb them so I thought I'd leave myself a reminder for the morning. It was a good idea, I promise. But whatever
cairn I left for myself was all over the floor when I got up today and of course I don't remember what it was about.

This is me with curses for my inferior memory and lack of a pen.

1 comment:

RHM said...

I'm convinced that's how world peace got solved, they figured it out before bed, promised the world they'd announce it in the morning and then, they woke up and forgot what the idea was...

From Whence You Cometh