Monday, November 27, 2006

Musings

Dum dee dum dum dum, I feel like I should post something but I don't really have enough for a single strand entry...
There's football - go Chargers! not sure how or why I chose to root for San Diego over any other team (especially as there aren't any former USC Trojans on the roster), but I did and do and now LT is taking off and that's pretty cool - and of course there's USC football (Fight On!!) and really people, I can be happy for a team that isn't my own especially when they are in the Pacific 10 Conference which doesn't get a lot of respect from the rest of the country, so why can't others be happy for the University of Southern California? I mean there are rivalries and then there are just mean fans - this is why I like my big screen TV at home so I don't have to listen to the cursing and the random insults at people who aren't even involved and can't possibly make a difference to the outcome of the game anyway. Okay, even if you aren't HAPPY at least don't sound so stupid when you insult the team; it'll be our third time in the National Championship game in the past three years and if we win it then it'll be our third National Championship title in the past four years, that's got to be a little cool even if you are a UCBerkley fan...

There's my family - I talked to my sister who lives in England yesterday for more than an hour and wished that she lived closer because I miss her and even though she's gonna be here at Christmas it's not enough (she's having a baby in March and I want to be able to go over and see her almost every day)...

and there's Tarzan's family - I want to have girl talk with Tarzan's sister who lives in Brazil who I ALSO wish lived closer, who will ALSO be here at Christmas but ALSO not for long enough - why do all the cool people live so far away? - and I want to see her baby who was born in October...

There's the fact that I'm back at work which is not horrible, there are fewer 'fires' to put out than I had expected but I feel like there's a dagger hanging over my head that's going to drop at any moment - and the thing I miss most from being in school (and hate the most about working) is the three weeks of vacation we got at Christmas time - I think I'm just antsy about having to sit in a seat right now...

There's the Christmas season which I have SO much to do for and I LOOOOOVE to do it but I want to go out and spend three or four days just getting in the mood instead of dribbles here and there which make the time go so fast and I'm always rushing at the end which I hate to do...

There's the weather in The Jungle - oh I love a rainy night, yes I dooooo (that's for you RS) - that was pouring rain this morning but is so clear and sunny and beautiful right now...

and there's the two minor secrets that I can NOT divulge as of yet but I can't stop thinking about because I'm excited (stop thinking babies that's not either one of them)...

but then there IS the baby issue which I sure don't want to go near right now (because I do want babies, lots of them, but it's just not happening yet and I don't want to be a whiner but it makes me sad and jealous sometimes but I don't want to be jealous and I don't want other people to pity me and gah! that's why I am not going there right now)...

There's the way I totally sound like I'm four right now and can't stop whining, gah! so...

There's Tarzan, who is super and I love him and I love when he gets all mushy and sweet on me 'cuz he makes me feel better about myself and about all the stuff that I can't control...

This is me and my random thoughts of the day.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

I *love* how you and Rhys are so retarded about USC football. I wish my alma maters didn't have crummy teams:( Well, I love SC for you!! I wish I lived closer to the action so I could see you and find out your secrets and then tell everybody what they were, and when you confronted me about it, I'd blame the bebe. I blame my gas on her, it seems to be working!

Oh, and we got our Christmas return tickets approved by the company (there was a possibility we wouldn't be coming back to Brasil if they didn't, but it's cleared up right now) and the bad news is, we only have (minus travel days) 5 days in LA. Boo!! but the good news is, we got our tix for Dallin's wedding and since you got Wicked tix, we're coming in 2 days earlier than I thought and I get to play with everyone!! WOOHOO!!

Wow, I really should have e.mailed this instead of making the looongest comment ever... gah who cares?? I see you in less than a month!!

From Whence You Cometh