Monday, June 23, 2014

Advice In Advice Out

It's a little narcissistic, but part of the reason I am happy to be pregnant is that now I will have street cred when it comes to pregnancy and kids and behavior and stuff.
So often people have complained, whined, talked, sighed, cried whatever over their children and/or pregnancy and though I have seen a method of solving the problem - and I always preface my comments with, "my mother, who had nine children, did this" or "my sister who has four, found this worked" or "this lady in the ward at church has eleven children and she found that this worked," - I always get the eye roll and the "uh-huh" response because, I don't have kids, how can I know anything?
So now I know stuff.
It hasn't stopped people from offering me advice, such as this gem: "don't hold your baby too much or he'll become dependent and you won't be able to get anything done."
And of course the ever popular "get your rest now..." in the sing song voice.
(Hahaha! If only I could convince the many people I work for that I could use some rest now.)
But I can now offer real life experience on fatigue, stretching muscles, weight gain (or lack of, only 2lbs thus far!), eating preferences, vitamins, and a myriad of other topics.
All because it got personal.

This is me and now I'm legit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to meet Cheetah!

Master P said...

I HATED HATE HATE those comments!!!!!!! I was convined my life was going to be the worst thing ever when I had a kid because of all the "Enjoy your sleep/body/marriage now because.." comments. A few months in I was like, huh?? You guys are all liars!!! And my opinion on that is LEGIT. Here's to us earning our knowitall status!! :)

From Whence You Cometh