Just some random things I have noticed this summer.
- Despite June 21st being the longest day of the year - and therefore the days are getting shorter now - July seems to have really bright evenings. As in it's 7pm before I start to think about cooking dinner.
- As a child, I did not appreciate the beauty of summer vacation as much as I should have. Think of it; two+ months off to just bum around, go swimming, read, lay in the sun, visit the beach/park/museum/library/zoo/botanical gardens, sleep late and play with explosives. I totally understand the phrase "youth is wasted on the young."
- This is not so much a summer observation but a note, now that I'm drafting again, WHAT did we do in the days before email and Google maps? Roof plans are so easy now that I can get a satellite image and just copy it!
- Took a trip over to my "local" Asian market and found exactly what I have been searching for:
- Ran down one of the local streets and discovered the OTHER thing I have been searching for. You might have to zoom in a
lotlittle to see the sign. (P.S. It says Virgin Malaysian Hair):
This is me and my summer so far.