Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sublime Sundays

I have always enjoyed Sundays as a rule. Certainly as a bishop I don't rest much, but the work is different and it relaxes me. Now Cheetah is becoming a larger part of my day; a very cute one as the above picture will attest. Jane snapped this picture of Cheetah walking around in his Sunday clothes before church and it pretty much sums up our Sundays. He is cute as a button and always so happy. Thanks again to cousin Brenda for the baby sized bowties, they are so adorable and rather practical for a toddler who grabs anything he can see.

With Cheetah walking and Jane being so busy in Primary, I take Cheetah for the first two hours of church and aside from how heavy he is (30 lbs.), I enjoy the time we get to spend with each other immensely. Sometimes when I am playing hymns I will hand him to one of my counselors, but for the most part Cheetah is content to sit on my lap and observe his surroundings. Its quite a wonderful feeling to have him with me as we get to spend so little time together during the week.

The secret of course is that as Bishop, I don't stay in one place for long and this compliments Cheetah's temperament nicely. Whenever Cheetah's environment changes, he pauses to observe and assess the situation. He does get antsy after two hours of this but that is in just enough time for Jane to relieve me and give Cheetah a snack during sacrament meeting. Jane has mentioned many times that Cheetah is giving us the most seamless and painless transition to parenthood that anyone could hope and I heartily agree.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh