Monday, December 03, 2007

Just Let It Go

Kind of funny how after NaBloPoMo we all stopped writing and take a breath before posting again. It was hard to think of quality stuff every day. I could have whined about the office every day but that's not quality reading and it makes me ill after a while. Speaking of the office however...
Turns out I don't know when to leave it alone. Why do I have to push and "make" someone see my point. I have a deep seated inferiority complex somewhere that makes me need to be right in all situations. I have a compulsion to "be right." Tarzan and I have had numerous fights because of my inability to let go. I blame my teddy bear doctor...And I have NO levitation capabilities. Can NOT make a joke of ANY thing. It's true. Just ask.
In this case I may have talked myself out of my Christmas vacation. Not really, because if the boss gets too dictatorial about it I will just quit early, but I shouldn't create the situation so that he CAN be all kinds of mean about it. It started all in good fun - people asking for time off after last week's crazy overtime hours. The Barracuda got out the time sheets and began reading off the amount of comp time we all have. I mentioned I would use up a bunch of it between Christmas and New Year's, and the boss temporized it with "as long as we don't need you here." I made the statement that since the building department is closed and the contractors don't work there wouldn't be anything to do anyway. He said of course they're open and it escalated from there. Nothing earth shattering - no yelling, no silent treatment - just a feeling of unease. It's not like he's going to lay down the law and make me come in that week. I should know by now that he makes a big stink about anyone taking time off and then lets us go and doesn't call hardly at all. After three years, I should KNOW that. But does that stop me? No. I disagree and it gets icky and I will now feel guilty about it all week.

This is me, really thankful for Tarzan who loves me anyway despite my argumentative tendencies.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh