Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Multiplicity

I went to the dentist this morning.
Yes, again.
This was more a preventative thing than a necessity as I scheduled the appointment because the gum below my root-canaled-and-crowned tooth from February's adventure was a little puffy and hurting. All sorts of horrific thoughts have been going through my brain since Monday when I first noticed the problem, and is likely the reason I ran the yellow light last night at an intersection with a camera which I saw flash, twice, and will undoubtedly get a ticket from it. Poo. Turns out it was mostly unfounded fears as the dentist just pulled out his sander and ground some more off the top. I'm sure this crown is a micrometer thick by this point, it's not like there is a lot of material to work with and this one has been ground a bunch. Seems to have done the trick for the moment - we shall see how it works out over the next 2-3 days. Hopefully it is not the "worst-case" option the dentist mentioned where they have to go back and re-root canal the tooth. Yeah. THAT sounds like A LOT of fun.
****************************************************************************************
I am fairly certain that the reason AutoCAD is used so exclusively in the architecture profession is because of it's penchant for connecting things. Dimensions have the ticks, the text, the extension lines. It's all one piece that can be adjusted as needed. Another example: the leader arrows. You get the arrow head, the text AND the connecting line all in one entity so it can be moved, edited and repositioned with very little effort. So, why...why, why, why, why, why, would some 'genius-type' person explode the leader arrow so I have to move each item individually? Why would someone DO that? I'm sure I don't know. It's very frustrating because I either have to take the time to recreate the leader arrow or make sure I have moved all the pieces. Which takes more time? I am not sure but it sucks either way. Bleah.

This is me, not all happy-like today.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh